Warm up your weekend with a bowl of Haiti Bites Chicken Soup for the Soul. Perfect for a bloomy day like today!
We’ve been waking up to cloudy skies and rain for the past week, and a delicious warm chicken soup is just what the soul wants and needs to get comfy. Luckily it’s the weekend. TGIF may just stand for Thank God It’s Freezing today, considering that the weekend will be quite cozy with a bowl of this delicious hearty chicken soup with vegetables straight from farm to table.
What more could you ask for to warm up a little?
In a cup or in a bowl?
With bread or crackers?
With cheeses or just butter?
So many options for such a simple dish.
What will you opt for?
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups diced chicken seasoned wlth garlic marinade
- 3 branches of leek
- 1 medium carrot diced
- ½ onion diced
- 8 leaves of spinach lamelle
- 1 tsp lemon flavoured white wine vinegar
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp creole marinade
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 cup boiled penne al dente
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 3 clover
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat then sauté your diced seasoned chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked and gold, add in your onions and let them cook a little, letting them turn transparent.
- Deglaze your pot with the lemon vinegar scrapping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- Add in your carrots and let everything turn a nice golden color.
- Add in your chicken stock and water, as well as your creole marinade and mix well.
- Let it boil, then reduce heat and let it all simmer.
- Add your thyme, butter, honey, clover (which you will reomove before serving) and your curry.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Add in your cooked penne, leek, parsley and spinach. Let simmer together 5 more minutes then serve warm.
- Bon appétit!